May 27, 2018
Liceo Hispánico offers a modern and well-equipped yet also cosy and friendly environment to study Spanish. We specialize in all levels (A1 to C2) of Spanish as a foreign language, and also conduct teacher training programs, organize a diverse range of activities, and provide accommodation. Our aim is to give students an opportunity to learn easily and quickly within a fun and meaningful context.
The school is located in the heart of Cáceres (“Plaza de la Concepción 1”) in a pedestrian area full of shops, bars, outdoor cafés and restaurants, and steps away from the medieval city. The school’s facilities include classrooms, a library, a student lounge, offices, a teachers’ room and an audiovisual room. A wifi connection is also available for students who want to bring their own laptops, ipads, etc.
MÉTODO Lengua Habilidad® – The method we use in Liceo Hispánico is based on the student’s acquisition of diverse skills, as defined in the Common European Language Reference Framework. Since most students come with some Spanish already under their belt, the lessons we offer are very varied and focus on all aspects of the language (structure, vocabulary, culture, body language, pronunciation, etc.), so students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in Spanish in any given situation or context
- Gain confidence and avoid misunderstandings
- Achieve communicative goals (convincing, amusing, etc) in different situations
- Become familiar with the structure of the Spanish language
- Learn about and get insights into Spanish culture
Classes on Liceo Hispanico are varied and with a maximum of ten students. They last 55 minutes and each one is focused on the acquisition of a different skill. On average, classes are during the morning, as the school offers activities in the afternoon in order to allow the students to practice what they have learned.
At the beginning of the course, the teacher tests the students to know their learning needs and focus the lesson on concrete issues, or even supply them with specific materials in order to learn some competences on their own.
We work with real materials, thought and made by our teachers and they are the result of a study of the student’s needs. They are varied and interesting, so the students will not feel that they could do the same activities on their own, but they will feel they are making the most of their time and learning.
When the student arrives to the school, if the teacher thinks it is necessary, the student will do a level test (written and spoken) in order to know which course could he join. If after a while the student thinks that such level does not work with his needs, he is allowed to change, provided that there are courses availables of the level he requires.
At the end of the Spanish course, the learner will be given a certificate of his Spanish language level with information about the course hours. In addition, those students who complete courses of at least two weeks, will receive a certificate with information regarding their progress in the course and with marks in the different worked skills.
or general spanish courses, Liceo Hispánico proposes six levels of education following the indications of the Common European Framework of Reference. In each level the student has to reach different objectives including:
With the first level of education the learner can:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases that satisfy immediate needs.
- Introduce him / herself and others and ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has got.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person speaks slowly and clearly and is able to help.
With the second level of education the learner can:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and everyday matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters of immediate need.
With the third level of education the learner can:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered at work, school, leisure, etc.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Produce simple connected texts on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
With the fourth level of education the learner can:
- Understand the main ideas of complex texts on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions on his/her field of specialisation.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity with native speakers so that communication isn’t interrupted by any of the speakers.
- Produce clear, detailed texts on a wide range of subjects and give a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of each choice.
With the fifth level of education the learner can:
- Understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Express him / herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
With the sixth level of education the learner can:
- Understand with ease most of the things he hears or reads.
- Summarise information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating slight differences of meaning even in the most complex situations.
Beside these general objectives for each level, the teaching staff will set specific objectives for the different courses taught at Liceo Hispánico.
Mirko founded Liceo Hispánico with Clara in 2010. He studied economics, marketing, and foreign languages. He is a specialist in external promotion and business management. For many years he dedicated his work to the management of the quality in Italian businesses and therein is a large part of his work with the school. He is great at organizing groups and international mobility programs and at creating a work environment.
Clara founded Liceo Hispánico with Mirko in 2010. Before she had worked as a Spanish professor in Spain and in the rest of the world. She studied Hispanic Studies and has a Master’s Degree in teaching Spanish as a foreign language. She is a specialist in the formation of professors of Spanish as a foreign language. She is great at creating materials.
Little Lic started at the Liceo Hispánico in 2015. He plays, competes and speaks several languages. He has his own personal diary in collaboration with Liceo Hispánico Cómics, he loves to help people.
Secretariat: Saúl Velázquez.
Coordination: Alejandro Durán.
Graphic design: Gerardo C.
Development: Theodore C.
All Liceo Hispánico’s teachers are specially trained in teaching Spanish as a foreign language and as well have Master’s or Doctor’s degree in their area of specialization.In addition, they are dynamic, extrovert, kind and hard-working people and they are able to create a good atmosphere in the education/learning process. The students’ groups are small so the teachers will be able to take care of special needs. Being a member of a group will not prevent students from acquiring communicative competence.
Besides the teaching staff, Liceo Hispánico has trained associated teachers for different subjects (Art, History, Literature, Medicine, Tourism, Jurisprudence, Education, etc.) in charge of giving specific lectures to certain students or additional master classes about different topics throughout the academic course.
Liceo Hispánico – Spanish School in Cáceres
VIVE LA LENGUA – Spanish School in Cáceres